PokeMansion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mah T34m

3 posters

Go down

Mah T34m Empty Mah T34m

Post by GrassSquid Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:31 pm

This is Mah T34m, made for PBR Rand0m Wi-Fi Singles (3v3)

Mah T34m Spr_4h_078
Rapidash (Horscorch) w/ Leftovers
Jolly
252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe/
Flash Fire
-Flare Blitz
-Horn Drill Megahorn
-Morning Sun
-Will-O-Wisp
My (horrible) 'lead'. It spams will-o-wisp and alternates between attacking and healing. Will O Wisp helps Gallade, Rampardos, and Blastoise later on.
There's not really much in Rapidash's movepool that can counter fire types, so I just switch out when I see those.

Mah T34m Spr_4d_009
Blastoise (Gunman) w/ Leftovers
Modest
252 HP/252 SpA/4 Def
Torrent
-Hidden Power Electic
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Yawn
Yeah, it's Blastoise! Basically, it either attacks and tries to KO something before it gets KO'd, or it spams yawn to eliminate a threat or so that one of my later pokemon can set up.

Mah T34m Spr_4p_407_f
Roserade (Villeflor) w/ Life Orb
Timid
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Natural Cure
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power Fighting
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
It's just a sweeper, lol. Shadow Ball+HP Fighting= Awesome Coverage. Energy Ball and Sludge Bomb for dual STAB.
It also switches in on status inducers to absorb status, then switches back out and comes out unscathed, thanks to Natural Cure.

Mah T34m Spr_4p_409
Rampardos (Excaloch) w/ Focus Sash
Adamant
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Mold Breaker
-Attract
-Earthquake
-Rock Polish
-Stone Edge
Rampardos! It hits like a truck with its base 165 attack, sets up Rock Polish and then (tries) to sweep, seducing females along the way. Attract is on there because the only other moves really worth considering are the elemental punches and Zen Headbutt, and Stone Edge hits harder than SE punches while Zen Headbutt doesn't really do much to improve his coverage.

Mah T34m Spr_4d_053
Persian (FatKat) w/ Liechi Berry
Jolly
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Technician
-Bite
-Flail
-Hypnosis
-Substitute
This evil little feline substitutes until it gets down to 1 HP, then proceeds to attack with its Liechi Boosted Flail, which, when boosted by STAB, reaches an outstanding base power of 450. If the substitute actually survives, it spams hypnosis then uses bite.
With Technician, it can (try to) bite Ghost types to death. Bite also gets the occasional flinch hax, which is good with Persian's epicly high speed.
It's weak to priority so I usually switch to Blastoise when priority abusers come out... if Blastoise is still alive.

Mah T34m Spr_5b_475
Gallade (Chivalry) w/ Scope Lens
Jolly
4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Steadfast
-Drain Punch
-Fire Punch
-Night Slash
-Swords Dance
I've had some trouble with this set as I wasn't sure what to add. It has scope lens but its only high crit ratio move is night sl0sh. It basically comes in on a special attacker, swords dances, and then abuses Drain Punch combined with its high SpDef. Night Slash gives unresisted coverage with D-Punch. Fire punch is for lulz when scizor shows up.
GrassSquid
GrassSquid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Mah T34m Empty Re: Mah T34m

Post by PokeWorldDP Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:20 pm

Night Slash and Drain Punch is actually resisted by Toxicroak and Heracross although Fire Punch covers Heracross and Dry Skin Toxicroak. Personally, I'd use Psycho Cut for STAB and to make more use of Scope Lens, but if you want to Fire Punch Scizor, go ahead.

I think Zen Headbutt on Rampardos could be used for Fighting types... although it doesn't do much, it can hit them much harder hopefully KOing them before they use a Fighting move.

With only 4 Attack EVs, Rapidash probably won't be hitting hard and the HP EVs might not do too much to help because it's still pretty frail. Not sure what you're trying to do with it, but you might want to have more EVs in Attack. I assume Blastoise or Roserade would take on Special Attackers?

BTW, what are their natures?
PokeWorldDP
PokeWorldDP

Back to top Go down

Post by GrassSquid Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:14 pm

It says each of their natures under their species names
GrassSquid
GrassSquid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeWorldDP Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:18 pm

Can't believe I missed them, lol. I blame the fact both are bold
PokeWorldDP
PokeWorldDP

Back to top Go down

Post by SludgeBomb Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:47 pm

PokeWorldDP pretty much has it all covered.

I agree that Rapidash will prefer hitting harder with Flare Blitz and Megahorn rather than putting extra points into its tiny HP stat. Hypnosis is also good over Will-O-Wisp, or Toxic to Poison any Fire-types you may encounter, though Hypnosis will be better to shut down any Fire-types on th spot (but with the Sleep clause you can only use it once).

Blastoise can stall out an opponent with Toxic rather than Yawn, and you can give it a Bold nature to raise its Defense some more, or Calm to raise its Special Defense. This is probably a good idea as you have no dedicated Wall or Tank. You could even go 252 HP / 252 Def and 4 SpA to make it that bulky Pokemon which your team so needs. With Persian having Hypnosis, too, Toxic will find itself being used more often by Blastoise than Yawn would.

Roserade could go with Choice Specs or a Choice Scarf (and a Modest nature) seeing as how Roserade is so offensive. In doing this, Energy Ball can be replaced by Leaf Storm due to the amount of switching Roserade will be doing due to a Choice item and absorbing status.

I find that males are more common on PBR, but that might just be me. I'd advise going with Rampardos being female. However, with Focus Sash Rampardos is practically guaranteed to set up a Rock Polish and then sweep so instead of Attract you can give it Zen Headbutt.

There are better things to use the Sub-Liechi combo than Persian, but Technician makes it interesting. Seems fine, but you can't spam Hypnosis...

As for Gallade, Drain Punch, Night Slash and Fire Punch is probably going to be more useful than putting Psycho Cut in.
SludgeBomb
SludgeBomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum