PokeMansion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discharge Team - B/W (Triples)

3 posters

Go down

Discharge Team - B/W (Triples) Empty Re: Discharge Team - B/W (Triples)

Post by Squirrel Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:19 pm

AS most of you probably know, I'm more of a gimmick player than anything. So this is a Discharge team I made for Gen V's new Triple Battling system. I will be making an article on the different battling styles soon, but for now, I'll just copy and paste part of an article from Bulba =P Also, I will be putting everything onto a Spoiler box since I write alot.

(To open, just click on "Spoiler")

Triple Battles
Spoiler:

The Team
Spoiler:

Last edited by Squirrel on Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:54 pm; edited 3 times in total
Squirrel
Squirrel
Admin

http://pokemansion.motion-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SludgeBomb Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:36 pm

I was going to comment and say that Jolteon won't survive a decent Earthquake due to its base 60 Defense, but then I remembered that Earthquake's power will be split (whether it is halved or only a third of its power I don't know) and so putting some investment into Defense with a Shuca Berry will actually work. I think Focus Sash would probably be more worthwhile but with Sandstorm and Hail being rather common that may not be viable.

Hidden Power Ice could be used over Grass to hit Gliscor and Flygon rather than Swampert, but it depends on what moves your other Pokemon use. I'm assuming you'll probably have Electivire who has access to Ice Punch... Or Lanturn who has Water-type attacks to hit Gliscor for super effective damage while Flygon and Swampert are hit neutrally.

Either way Jolteon seems like a nice way to abuse Discharge.
SludgeBomb
SludgeBomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:00 pm

Hahaha. Wouldn't even let me finish posting up the whole team and you already have advice =P But the whole thing is updated now.

Focus Sash is already taken by another Pokemon, that's why I didn't give it to him. Manetric would benefit more from it than Jolteon.

Yup. I chose both of them so that's why I chose with Grass.

And yup. Hopefully I won't abuse so much.
Squirrel
Squirrel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SludgeBomb Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:22 pm

Well I started to comment on how the Defense EVs were totally pointless but after my revelation I decided I should still leave a comment for you.

When using Electivire make sure you don't have Manectric or Seaking out too (or next to it or however it works) as Wild Bolt will just go to your Manectric instead. EVs make sense, with Discharge from Jolteon raising Electivire's Speed and Attack each time Electivire will turn into a real beast. You could probably reduce the Defense EVs to 100, give it 252 Attack and 156 Speed to allow it to have some raw power behind it before a boost, especially if its item is removed through Knock Off or Switcheroo (which would be disastrous). Electivire's Defense is almost as bad as Jolteon's so you could give it 252 Speed and 156 Attack instead to outpace those that plan to use Earthquake. I don't think 252 Defense EVs is really going to help it, though. Even with all those EVs Electivire will only get to a poor 233 Defense stat, allowing it to take weak, unSTABed Earthquakes from Pokemon that others in your team can probably take out anyway (or Electivire itself).

Lightningrod is not a very good idea on Seaking, even if it does get an immunity thanks to the move. It will draw in your Electivire's Wild Bolt and Manectric's Elecball and give it a Special Attack boost it does not need at all. Besides, in your team the opponent will resort to Grass-type moves to hit Seaking, fearing that Seaking is actually bait for an Electric-typed move.
But Lightningrod does allow Seaking to stay out around your Discharge users, and use Submersion on the opponent, which is the whole point.
I'd go with Return over Megahorn, as the combination of Water and Normal is only stopped by Burungel, Giratina (Uber anyway so it doesn't count) and Empoleon. But Megahorn does hit Grass-, Psychic- and Dark-types for double damage, however Seaking's moves will then be resisted by many Water- and Dragon-types such as Gyarados, Pelipper, Dragonite and Salamence.
After Submersion, though, this all becomes moot and boils down to base power, which Return wins along with having better accuracy. And with only 128 EVs in Attack and a Jolly nature, you're going to want all the power you can get.
With the EVs and nature you have, Seaking gets to a Speed stat of roughly 436 after one Agility, outspeeding base 145 Speed Pokemon that don't have a Choice Scarf. However, you're 9 points ahead so getting rid of 32 Speed EVs and putting them into Attack will still allow you to outspeed the same Pokemon and give you some extra force in Seaking's attacks.

Manectric seems fine, but rather than Elecball you could give it Hidden Power Fire... Although Elecball would be a great way to hit opposing Pokemon without having the power split up. The remaining 4 EVs should probably be put into Special Defense.

On Lanturn, Confuse Ray will find itself being more useful than Aqua Ring due to your Discharge's from Manectric and Jolteon, which will be used frequently if Seaking is successful in using Submersion.

Gliscor will like U-Turn to get out of the way of any Water-type moves, or Ice-typed attacks, and switch to Lanturn to take the blow, but once you only have three Pokemon left it won't be all that great. Life Orb will be the better option, allowing Gliscor to hit as hard as possible and with Hyper Cutter there won't be any Attack stat reductions to worry about. Put the remaining EV into Defense. Shell Bell could be an option if you plan to switch Gliscor in a lot, due to its large attacking power, but Life Orb will benefit it more. I only suggest Shell Bell due to it being your only real answer to Ground-type moves.

Overall the team has only four weaknesses; Water, Grass, Ice and Ground. Obviously with the large number of Electric-types, Ground-type attacks are going to be the biggest issue and Gliscor won't be around long once the opponent gets smart with your strategy. Zapdos with Lightningrod is an option over Manectric, you trade Elecball and Flamethrower for another immunity to Ground-type attacks, and a weakness to Rock (which should be controllable). Emonga also has that Ground immunity but it's inferior Special Attack and Motor Drive rather than Lightningrod leaves much to be desired.

Sorry about all that... I know it isn't a competitive team.
SludgeBomb
SludgeBomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:42 pm

It's all cool. Really makes me think about this team. After all, I want this team to be as best as it can.

The problem with having Emonga or Zapdos is that they are yet available on the Dream World. So I don't have access to Lightingrod Zapdos or Motor Drive Emonga. If I did, this team would have been very different.

Lanturn with Confuse Ray instead. Got it.

Well, now I'm having second thoughts about Manetric. Since it's going to be in the middle most of the time, it's going to most likely attract Eletivire's Wild Bolt. Imma have to change him most likely. Although since Seaking will most likely be on either side, I'm not as worried. Can't attract it if the attack isn't reachable.

I'm probably gonna go with Life Orb and U-Turn though. So got it.

Hahahah. Unlike most people, I dont go that far into math. I usually only split my EV's into 128 or 252. But your post makes a ton of sense. Imma have to change alot of EV's... or alot of Pokemon.

I'll post an improved team after New Years.
Squirrel
Squirrel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SludgeBomb Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:21 pm

Ahh.. Of course, I didn't think of having to wait for the Pokemon to appear...

On Manectric I realised I said Hidden Power Fire, I meant Ice (to hit Flygon and Sazandora). Oops.
If Raikou is avaliable it can replace Manectric. It has Discharge and Volt Absorb is its Dream World ability so Wild Bolt won't be redirected. Of course, the lack of Flamethrower isn't going to be good. Hidden Power Fire or Ice are sure to do fine in replacing it, though. You can run the same EVs, and nature, as Manectric and give it Calm Mind, Discharge, Hidden Power Fire/Ice and Light Screen (it is good for your team).
Pachirisu, while much weaker, has access to a whole range of support options and also gets Volt Absorb as a Dream World ability. Any Discharges from Lanturn or Jolteon are going to keep it alive a lot longer too. Sweet Kiss, Super Fang and even Endure for itself are all interesting moves. It too can set up Light Screen and use Discharge. Flash can be annoying for the opponen. Flatter can be used as a more reliable Sweet Kiss but raises the taget's Special Attack by one stage. If using Pachirisu, a Timid nature with 252 Speed EVs will make sure it moves as quickly as possible. If using Flatter, putting a heap of EVs into Special Defense would be a good idea. Really, Pachirisu isn't looking to do damage, more it tries to assist its teammates in anyway it can.

Really you don't have many options over Lightningrod Manectric if Pachirisu and Raikou aren't avaliable. Zeburaika has Motor Drive as a normal ability, but its base 80 Special Attack won't help it because its moves are more offense orientated and Discharge won't really fit in, it could use a physical set with Discharge as an attack to help its partners rather than do damage (so putitng something like Wild Bolt, Discharge and two other attcking moves or even Light Screen again). Manectric can still work, but I'm just worring about Electivire's Wild Bolt, seeing as how it is Electivire's STAB attack and all.
SludgeBomb
SludgeBomb

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeWorldDP Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:48 pm

First off, seeing that this is a Triples team, I think it would be very important to have the move Protect (or Wide Guard if you can find a Pokemon that can learn it). It is very helpful in Doubles and Triples as it can protect you from multi-hit moves, most importantly Earthquake and Explosion. I also see a lot of what seem to be random filler moves such as Charm on Jolteon, Light Screen on Manetric, and Torment on Electivire. I see how they can help, but Protect has its uses. It could also allow Electivire or Gliscor to use Earthquake.

I think that Seaking should be Special in order to make use of Lightningrod. You do already have a lot of Special Attackers on your team and Seaking's Special Attack is kinda low, in one turn, assuming two of your Pokemon use Discharge, Seaking's Special Attack would double.

Also, I don't think Rechargeable Battery will work on Electivire. I think you have to take damage in order for it to work, but I'm not sure. That'll have to be tested.

Gliscor should have a Yache Berry since when it's used up, Acrobat's power will double. Or, you could use Flight Jewel to launch a powerful Acrobat to kill Grass types that would wall Electric types and would be threatening to Lanturn and Seaking. You might want Rock Slide on Gliscor instead of Stone Edge as it could hit two opponents that are weak to it and there's the flinch chance.

Anyway, these are just suggestions, you don't have to listen to me. But once again I will say that it is important to have Protect. By the way, if you use this team on Pokemon Online, you could probably use Dream World abilities

Also, would you mind posting your natures?
PokeWorldDP
PokeWorldDP

Back to top Go down

Post by SludgeBomb Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:46 pm

But with Protect, any Discharge's are also blocked, but since Jolteon and Manectric are actually the ones going to be abusing Discharge the most it could be useful over Charm and Light Screen. But I still advise using Raikou, Pachirisu or Zeburaika over Manectric...

Seaking's special move pool is rather limited, however it could use Boiling Water/Surf, Signal Beam or Ice Beam, so a special Seaking is an option. And a nasty surprise for any opponent.

Rechargeable Battery is only one use, didn't know that. But it only needs to be hit by and Electric move, not hurt by it. Or so says Bulbapedia.

Oh, I didn't know that Acrobat becomes more powerful after an item has been used. But Earthquake will be too risky as Lanturn and Seaking are still going to take a lot of damage from it. Rock Slide's flinch is the only benefit, as the damage will be split in half (i think) by hitting two opponents. But that is still a good reason. Plus it is more reliable.

And the natures are there, next to the names.
SludgeBomb
SludgeBomb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down