PokeMansion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Squirrel - Rotational Team (B/W)

4 posters

Go down

Squirrel - Rotational Team (B/W)  Empty Squirrel - Rotational Team (B/W)

Post by Squirrel Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:38 pm

Well, this is the first team I plan on making for B/W. Since it's my first, I only want to use Gen V Pokemon- those being my favorite. So all Pokemon you see are set and I don't plan on changing any. Like before, I'll put everything on a Spoiler box. If you need to know alittle more about Rotational Battling, you can check out this small article on Bulba:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Rotational_battle

I also took some past advice and actually worked alittle more on the EV's this time. I also took some advice on other people and watched some Rotational Battling for inspiration for this team. The thing I mostly got - set up, set up, set up. Since affects cant be switched out, it's best to have Pokemon that can raise stats.

The Team:
Spoiler:

Yeah, I wrote alot this time. I'm sorry. Hopefully this time you think this team is pretty solid Sludge =P

Last edited by Squirrel on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total
Squirrel
Squirrel
Admin

http://pokemansion.motion-forum.net

Back to top Go down

Squirrel - Rotational Team (B/W)  Empty Re: Squirrel - Rotational Team (B/W)

Post by PokeWorldDP Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:59 pm

I really don't understand Rotation Battles at all =/ So pardon me if I suggest something that would be stupid.

First off, I'll point out an error Razz How is your team weak to Normal when it is not super effective against anything?

I think Abagoora should have a Salac Berry to speed it up more because the extra speed would help a lot, and with Sturdy and Shell Break, it should be able to use it effectly. Also, couldn't you just rotate when you predict a priority move?

I also think Zuruzukin should have Crunch for STAB instead of Fire Punch which doesn't help too too much. If you're worried about Grass types, then use Ice Punch instead of Stone Edge.
PokeWorldDP
PokeWorldDP

Back to top Go down

Post by SludgeBomb Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:58 pm

Yeah, I'm not good with rotation battles yet either, since I haven't even played B/W.

Maybe Squirrel meant nothing to stop Normal-types? Since Abagoora's Defense will end up so low you won't want that taking many attacks.

Sitrus Berry is going to be much more beneficial to Abagoora. After two Shell Smashes he will have -2 Def, and +4 Spe, so having a Sitrus Berry to help heal off some damage he has taken (and allow him to take a little more afterwards) before sweeping will allow Abagoora to survive rather than giving him a Salac Berry to boost his already boosted speed. One Shell Smash will probably be better than two, but a Sitrus Berry is always going to help more than a Salac Berry would. It doesn't need that extra boost in Speed when it has Shell Smash.
Although, on the topic of Shell Smash, wouldn't that mean that if Abagoora is rotated out the next Pokemon would get those Defense and Special Defense drops?

PokeWorldDP is right, though. Crunch and Hi Jump Kick provide excellent coverage, and its an added bonus that both are STAB, hitting everything for at least neutral damage apart from Toxicroak and Heracross. However, Fire Punch will help more seeing as how Dry Skin Toxicroak and Heracross are both going to take a fair bit from Fire Punch. Hi Jump Kick's accuracy isn't that bad, and changing Wide Lens for something like Muscle Band would be just as useful due to Wide Lens only assisting Hi Jump Kick. You could also give her Shed Skin to get rid of any status ailments seeing as how Dragon Dance is going to raise her Attack stat which is already fairly high, and that having a Burn or being Paralyzed is really going to hinder Zuruzukin more than not getting an Attack boost after knocking out a Pokemon. You can still use her in a similar way, though. Moxie is still a decent ability, and I see how it could benefit the team.

Tsunbear looks good, although if you aren't looking to outspeed anything you can go 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def, as 58 EVs (56) gives Tsunbear an extra 14 points, putting it at 150 Speed which is only just enough to outpace Base 80 Speed Pokemon without any investment and with a -Speed nature (of course, that's before a Speed drop). I think it will be more worthwhile to put those Speed EVs into its HP and Defense to make it bulkier.
SludgeBomb
SludgeBomb

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeWorldDP Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:10 pm

Like I said, I'm not good at Rotation =/
I had Single battles in mind and that's how I use my Abagoora...
PokeWorldDP
PokeWorldDP

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:58 am

SludgeBomb wrote:Although, on the topic of Shell Smash, wouldn't that mean that if Abagoora is rotated out the next Pokemon would get those Defense and Special Defense drops?

Nope. Only he would get the stat drops. Anything like stat drops only affect the Pokemon who use them. But the affects won't actually take affect if they're not active. Like, for example, if I use Leech Seed, only the active Pokemon will be seeded. And him being seeded won't go away even if he is rotated out. But the affect of Leech Seed won't affect him unless he is active.

SludgeBomb wrote:You could also give her Shed Skin to get rid of any status ailments seeing as how Dragon Dance is going to raise her Attack stat which is already fairly high, and that having a Burn or being Paralyzed is really going to hinder Zuruzukin more than not getting an Attack boost after knocking out a Pokemon. You can still use her in a similar way, though. Moxie is still a decent ability, and I see how it could benefit the team.

The same happens with abilities. Since she isn't technically being "switch", the ability won't take affect. So Moxie would be better when it comes to Rotational Battling.

SludgeBomb wrote:Tsunbear looks good, although if you aren't looking to outspeed anything you can go 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def, as 58 EVs (56) gives Tsunbear an extra 14 points, putting it at 150 Speed which is only just enough to outpace Base 80 Speed Pokemon without any investment and with a -Speed nature (of course, that's before a Speed drop). I think it will be more worthwhile to put those Speed EVs into its HP and Defense to make it bulkier.

Alright. Thanks. I'll go with Bulky Tsunbear then.
Squirrel
Squirrel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeWorldDP Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:10 am

... can you explain Rotational Battles better? You said that stat changes are rotated between Pokemon, no?
PokeWorldDP
PokeWorldDP

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:28 am

Hahaha. Alright. I guess I rushed too fast and I explained wrong in some parts.

Rotational Battling requires you to send out 3 Pokemon. Only one Pokemon is active, the one in front. Rotating is not the same as switching and also does not take up a turn. Things that usually happens when you switch, won't happen when you rotate out. That includes the affects such as Leech Seed or Confusion. That also includes abilities and moves like Shed Skin or Pursuit.
When you do a move that increases/decreases your stats, they stay throughout the battle. However, they only affect the Pokemon who used that move or ability. When a Pokemon is seeded, poisoned, or burned, they only take affect when the Pokemon is active. Heres an example to make more sense.

-Toxicroak uses Toxic on Rapidash
-Rapidash get badly poisoned and looses 1/16 of its HP at the end of the turn
-Rapidash gets Rotated out
-Battle continues
-Rapidash gets Rotated back in but suffers 2/16 at the end of the turn

And so on until Rapidash faint. Hopefully I explained it a bit better this time.

Squirrel
Squirrel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeWorldDP Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Oh, I see. So you don't loose your boosts when you rotate, unlike switching. How about with Baton Pass, U-Turn, and Volt Change?
PokeWorldDP
PokeWorldDP

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:00 pm

Yup.

Oh. I forgot about that. The battles are actually 4 on 4 on random wi-fi. So that means theres still switching involved. Only 3 Pokemon are out on the field though. If you use those moves, you'll switch into the other members you chose. However, Rotational Battling is more about rotating than switching (duh).
Squirrel
Squirrel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SludgeBomb Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:00 pm

That makes so much more sense XD

I looked over what I posted before and I didn't specify that you should drop Stone Edge for Crunch on Zuruzukin.

And I was thinking that the effects of rotating were like using Baton Pass.
SludgeBomb
SludgeBomb

Back to top Go down

Post by PokeWorldDP Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:41 am

Now I understand how Rotation battles work after watching shofu's video...
PokeWorldDP
PokeWorldDP

Back to top Go down

Post by Squirrel Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:54 am

Slightly updated the team. Just changed one Pokemon and changed everything to English... Well, everything that has been comfirmed so far.
Squirrel
Squirrel
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by yytan12 Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:05 am

Ok. It looks better~!

yytan12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down